Monday, August 06, 2007

newsishy stuff

The not-so-little one just returned this evening from a two-week trip to Costa Rica. The big sis has arrived in France from Croatia. I am back to mostly normal health, which means working again. Things are normal-ish, I suppose. Not ready yet for the summer to wind down. Mostly I'm not ready for people to start leaving. There are conversations I still wish to have, sunsets still to be watched, fun still to be had. Working full-time leaves not enough space or energy for random adventures. This makes me sad.

I found Plutarch's Lives in the bookcase, and have started reading it. Am also reading Children of Dune and The Question of God and Death in the City. I like variety. Mum bought me a Latin and English Dictionary. It will be useful, I can tell already.

Courage, faceless one. I need courage. I need the guts to just CALL people, by golly, and get it over with. They won't bite; they won't complain. And I'm always just fine once the phone call starts. It's just so doggone difficult to work up the courage and work down the nerves to actually dial the stupid phone. Blechh.

No comments: