Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So expensive! and So good!

I bought gasoline, regular unleaded, on Sunday. It cost $4.34 per gallon! I think that's the most I've ever paid. And people at school complain when it reaches $3.50...

I just watched Prince Caspian in the theatre. I enjoyed it very much. No, it's not exactly like the book, but as a movie, it was good, coherent, enjoyable. It had a feel of completeness, a consistency of atmosphere. They didn't need the kiss, though. A look should have sufficed. But, on the whole, I believe I liked it better the The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe. Odd. I'll have to see it again to be sure. But I truly did enjoy it. Especially Edmund, Lucy, and Trumpkin.

The funny thing is I saw Death at a Funeral last night, a British ridiculous dark-ish comedy, and the actor who played Trumpkin was in it in a VERY different role. He does impressive things with his eyes and eyebrows.

There is nothing quite like driving the canyon between Hiouchi and Gasquet in the fading light, with a wall of rock to one side, and empty space dropping to a blue, blue river, with sharply rising trees beyond. Absolutely stunningly beautiful. It even feels, for a moment, as if you're flying.

No comments: