Today was warm.
I got up, ate, walked to the shop to get my car back, and drove home with the sunroof open. Then I sat on the back porch in a tank top, read, then fetched a piece of wood and the wood-working knives from the basement... and made a dirk. It's just the thing to stick in a boot. And, again, it is unintentionally very well-balanced. I just made it so it looked right! And lo, and behold! the balance is beautiful, and it spins quickly and smoothly. Apparently, I have found my gifting. Now if only I could make a living making wooden knives...
Now, of course, as the light fades, the cold returns. Not that the house even warmed up in the first place, so now, one again, I am chilly. This will I say for clouds: they keep things a little warmer!
I have found myself unexpectedly in desperate straits. Alack, for miscommunications! The result of this one is that I am broke. Quite literally. And have bills to pay this coming week, yet no money with which to pay them. What shall I do? Look for work. But how to find something that will get me money by Friday... Sigh. Thus far, God has provided. I trust He will continue to do so. In the meantime, I shall try not to fret, give thanks instead, and be responsible in looking for employment.
And enjoy the fact that my car's repair was cheap! Relatively, of course, but I knew that something was wrong with the transmission, so it could have been a LOT. But it was only leaking transmission fluid lines, and replacing those is FAR cheaper than rebuilding transmission! And now Emily is purring away like she used to, and it was strange how happy I was to get her back. I believe I am fond of my blue car.
Oh, but the sun felt good!
1 comment:
so why Emily? any particular reason?
... well, Dad's is the sqeak-easy, or the sqeal-easy... anyway.~D.
Post a Comment