What do you do when you're hungry, tired, and just a wee bit overwhelmed? When thunder rumbles the overhead clouds and wind flusters the new leaves?
Go on a walk.
This is wild weather; weather for rejoicing. Weather for crazy dances and exhilarated sprints. This is the weather for spinning on the grass, arms out, palms up, waiting for the rain to come pelting down. This is the weather to be outside. This is weather.
My unpacking overwhelms me, because I do not have anything to put things in. I have no furniture. Sigh. So I sit on my little stepstool, sing with my music, and look blankly at my room. Ineffective, thus, break-time.
But then I realize exactly how hungry I am. Hungry enough that if I go walking first, I will be starving and in no shape to cook. So I pack my little tote bag, trot to my friends' house, and start cooking. Once I've eaten my buffalo and veggies, then I shall go to the water.
I don't care that there's a tornado watch out. I'm shorter than everything else; the lightning won't hit me. So what if I'm going to the beach; what better place to watch the sky than there?
What else am I going to do?
I've been moving so much the past few days that holding still for so long at work today has left me with a deep desire to move. I want to walk, run, carry things, throw things... ooh, yes, throw things. I want to run around. I want it to rain so that I can dance in the rain. I want the wind to nearly knock me over. I want to dodge lightning, mock thunder, drink rain.
I want to revel in the wildness.
Will you come be wild with me?
3 comments:
love this post.
walk to my house sometime.
also, we might have some extra random furniture in all of our transitions. i'll keep you updated. what do you need?
:-)
someday, when I'm strong, and we're together again in weather like this, yes! I'll be wild with you. my way. which is often amusing when combined with your way... hmmm... ~D.
Post a Comment