Now, my dress needs to be finished, so in all likelihood, I will be handstitching a Renaissance dress while listening to symphonic screamo. While drinking white tea. And wearing my Dr. Horrible tee-shirt.
And I like this scenario, very much.
I'm definitely not a proper young lady. What would Jane Austen think of me? I have yet to find a fictional character with such varied interests who somehow remained a convincingly sane person. Shall I judge myself insane according to fiction's lack, or count myself sane regardless? Rather than decide, I will sew. Tiny, evenly-spaced stitches, until the zipper is firmly in place. The dress WILL be done by Saturday, I declare.
1 comment:
...reminds me of a recent conversation...
A: (to someone else) the Lady took care of it!
Self: Lady...?
A: Yes. You're a Lady. You don't think so?
Self: No - (with a bit of an odd smirk) I'm too strange to be a Lady.
A: Well, ...then you're a strange Lady. The strange Lady took care of it!
I think "proper" young ladies are highly unusual. (And highly overrated...)
~D.
Post a Comment