Monday, November 27, 2006

Giving Thanks

I actually have quite a bit to be thankful for. I just never think about it. First, I'm actually enjoying my classes, and most of my homework. School isn't being annoying. Second, I got an A in my first half-semester class - my first solid A since high school. This makes me ridiculously happy. Third, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. I got to see my grandparents, my brother, and my cousin. I got to drive a nice car, I got to shoot a nice gun - and hold others, and read, and relax, and talk. Fourth, although I'm still not great, I'm doing a better job of staying in touch with home, and it helps my head stay more level. Fifth, I'm busy enough that I'm not thinking too much. Mostly, that is. Sixth, I got a bunch of books in TN; hurrah for grandparents! Seventh, even though my travels both to and from TN were crazy and tiring and turbulent and long, I'm safe. I survived just fine. Every time traveling goes haywire on me, and I make it through ok, my confidence grows just a wee bit. This is a good thing. Annoying as it was to have over an hour of constant turbulence, it made me stronger, I think. Eighth, I've got a good group of people to eat dinner with on Mondays; this is encouraging and fun. Ninth, my floor is reading The Princess Bride aloud, while drinking tea and hot chocolate and eating cookies. Such a funny book. And it's good fellowship. Tenth, I got some really good food (read: steaks) this past week. I was so proud of myself for how much I ate! Eleventh, it looks like I'll be visiting Olin briefly this weekend.
I know there's more, but for now, I'll leave it here. I could find things to whine about, too, but they just aren't worth it. The point is that there are good things in my life, regardless of whether or not I pay attention to them. Now to take all those complaints and somehow turn them into thanks as well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Guns, cars, and family! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!