My bed is complete! My rain boots are here! My room is finally (mostly) complete and livable.
It also rained yesterday - a wet, honest-to-goodness leave you dripping rain. My boots weren't here yesterday, though, so I wore sandals and my roommate's silver raincoat and a hat. And even though I didn't splash through any puddles, I watched the trees dripping, and the pine-needles glistening, and smiled at the grey sobbing sky. Oh, it was glorious! Oh, it was beautiful! I love rainy days! I love the dancing dents and ripples on the pond. I love the way the clouds look soft and somehow connected to the sky, with fingers reaching down to refresh the earth.
I've also discovered that BBC started a Robin Hood TV show last year; this year's season hasn't started, but I've watched several of last season's episodes, and I love it. It's not historically believable - the Sheriff sometimes looks like he's wearing Birkenstocks, Robin wears a hoodie, Little John wears jeans, other clothes are obviously army outcasts - but it's witty and fun, and the characters are characters. It makes me smile.
So does homemade chai tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment