Saturday, February 16, 2008

A random poem from last night...

I watch the ice creeping
across my path,
and laugh at the wind's
taunting breath.
I am armored against
the cold,
cautious and ready
for the harshest blast.

Odd glances darting past me
as I walk
slip through my unconscious
as through a sieve.
I grin at the hidden sun,
warm in my cocoon,
unbothered by strangers
or grey skies.

Then I am caught by two eyes
watching me tenderly,
and all my layered preparations
peel away,
and I
shiver.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really really like this one. Somehow it begs to be read aloud...

C.H.

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh! (so maybe that's not the reaction you were going for...) but rest assured - I do indeed like this one ~D.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this one. I am so jealous at your poetic talents, miss.
-Amanda