Sunday, March 18, 2007

from Thursday, 15 March... A Beautiful Day

Yesterday. Was. A. Beautiful. Day. I don't say this just because the weather was superb, and the sun shone warm through hazy clouds, and the wind blew hard but not cold. Although it WAS warm - at least 70 degrees! It was just a pleasant day to be outside.

Liz and I went out to Parcel B with a camera, and wandered around taking pictures of trees and puddles and each other being weird. It was warm and beaufiful, and the camera was good, and we talked and walked and had a good time. And now I've got a bunch of pictures.

A bunch of people sat on the Great Lawn outside of West Hall in the afternoon. I joined them for a time. A few were playing frisbee, and tossing a softball. Someone had brought out an extension cord, so several had their laptops plugged in, while sitting on a blanket on the grass. ANd the wind blew, but it was comfortable. It felt strange, though, since there was so much moisture in the air; it almost felt like a very cool summer day. Summer! Why does it feel like summer in March? But I won't complain, because it was so pleasant to not be freezing. And when the sun occasionally broke through the clouds, it felt warm.

Then I packed my stuff, tried to find people to say goodbye to, ate dinner, said some more goodbyes, and left. Left the hugs, the old movies, the pokes, the cheery words and laughs, the busy people, the fuseball, the friends, the place that holds too many memories for me to understand... And as we drove away, the clouds began to cry.

I will return. I promise.

No comments: