Saturday, May 05, 2007

from my head... from the heavens?

another poem:

I saw a storm a'dancing,
and light and sound flew from its hands.
Its clouded skirts swirled and roiled,
and bolts of fire-white hair shot out and down,
while its feet roared and rumbled on the ground.
Rain and hail, like scattered cold petals,
fluttered, dropped, down from its bouquet
of water and praise.
For praising it was - a violent Hallelujah!
just as beautiful, loud and true
as any ever marched from throated puny people.
All heaven declares! and dances with joyful abandon.
And as the thunder caught their ears, the trees
flung out their arms, lifting them to join the skies' praise.
Waves lept, rocks skipped, grasses bowed their heads.
All creation, reminded, is subdued and worships,
by their graceful existence and
by their exuberance under the storm-cloud
conductor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love the rain/hail-->petals and the blades of grass with bowed heads. Next time we have a storm, I'm going to read this aloud.

Anonymous said...

beautiful.~D.