Monday, March 24, 2008

Back from break... better?

Last week was Spring/Easter break. Classes resume tomorrow (Tuesday). I spent the time at a couple friends' houses, reading, watching movies, sleeping, pacing, petting a cat... It was the classic "relaxing" sort of break, with not much to do or (supposedly) to think about.

But.

I wish it hadn't been so long. Or, rather, I just somehow feel unsatisfied. Not because I wanted more sleep, but less. Not because I wanted to sit around more, but less. I want to stand, to move, to wander, to stride, to DO. Holding still for so long, where every day felt almost exactly like the one before, drains me. I know, it shouldn't. It's supposed to refresh, refuel, prepare for the final stretch. But I feel more worn down than I did before. More tired. More bored. More confused. I think I'll have a little trouble readjusting to the routine, and have even more trouble coercing myself to care about my studies.

Perhaps a weekend bookin' it around NYC is a good idea...

No comments: