Saturday, April 05, 2008

Breathing Life

Oy. It's April already. The air smells thoroughly of Spring, the birds sing loud and joyful, the crocuses defy the remaining chill in the air to open their hearts to the still-strained sunlight. I saw a baby beaver today. I touched some trees. I heard the water lap, and I breathed life. There is something to be said for a cold and white winter: the change into Spring is better appreciated.

School, of course, goes. I'm registered for classes for the fall, although they might (i.e., hopefully) change. I need to figure out next year's living situation, which might prove tricky and will demand careful thought. This summer is still an unknown which daunts me. I need to listen to music more.

I watched The Count of Monte Cristo this evening; I liked it very much. They made it a happy ending, with a good moral, which is fine, just not what I expected. I need to re-read the book, because I remember so little.

I feel a little like a shadow, insubstantial and vague. Perhaps the piercing light of spring is driving through the mist and facades to reveal the truth lack of solidity. Perhaps something else. I don't know, and at the moment, I don't mind. Funny how a good dose of breathing clears everything up just enough to continue.

No comments: