Saturday, April 05, 2008

This poem is actually from March 2. I'm not sure exactly where it came from...

If ever I lose your name
somewhere in the coils of my mind,
If ever your face fades
to blurs of color in my eyes,
If ever my ears forget
the sounds and songs of your voice,
And is becomes as if
I had never met you,
My poems will cease to write
their words upon the page,
My dreams will collapse into
confusion every time I sleep,
My music will stumble as
my fingers displace their skill,
And my heart will beat -
if still it can -
with anguish and slow rhythmic decay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you keep doing it? This poem is so simple and sincere. It struck me very deeply; when I read it I did so almost as a prayer, one that I should be praying more often.

C.

steelsuzette said...

funny thing about it... it was both a prayer and about a person... i'm glad the prayer part came across.

Anonymous said...

both parts came across quite clearly... kind of like a really cool extended pun without the corny side. ~D.