Monday, April 21, 2008

Leadership

Went to a leadership retreat/conference this weekend. I enjoyed it more than I expected, and was greatly encouraged in many ways. One of which is this: a great deal of what the speakers were saying about leadership makes perfect sense to me. Some things I've thought of before; some I've just never put into words. But most things are intuitive to me; if I were to lead, that's how I'd do it. Does this make me a natural leader? Because I don't like that idea. But I do know that if I led, it would be in those ways that all the speakers said were good. And I would instinctively avoid those methods and characteristics that they said were bad.

I like to think that I'm not crazy, that my reactions to leading styles are reasonable, and this weekend was so nice in that it confirmed that I am indeed not crazy. And of course, I met people! That's always a plus for me.

And I played fuseball. Mwahaha!

No comments: