Tuesday, April 04, 2006

rar.

Yesterday, the sun shone, the rain stopped, and all was good. But I was inside, so I missed all but the sunset. We were recording yesterday. It went quite well. I look forward to hearing the final mix. Hurrah for playing bass! I keep being reminded of how much I love playing in a band. Playing music with others is just so amazingly fun! Music keeps me sane, and if it's going to be live, unless the performers are wonderful (and are playing songs I don't know) I'd rather be playing it than listening. I need to make sure I can find people to play with when I leave.

I was just thinking about cool things that happen to people. It seems they find something they know they want, and they work as hard as is necessary to achieve that. Cool things don't seem to happen to me, and I think I know why. It's because a) I don't know what I want, and b) I'm not very willing to work hard to get something that I don't want. If I knew what I wanted to achieve, but was just being lazy about getting there, then I could just scold myself and actually try. But I don't even know what I want! And I dislike putting huge amounts of effort into something I care nothing or very little about. So what do I want?

There are only two things I can think of right now that I really want: 1) a really good guy friend (who I can talk with, hang out with, play music with...), and 2) to go to Europe (and not on a whirlwind tour; I want to take my own sweet time, visiting small villages, and beautiful places). And neither of these are currently within my reach.

No comments: