It is most definitely, emphatically, beautifully spring. The very air smells of freshness, of flowers, of awakening, of LIFE. And the past few days we've had sun. Not the hiding, shy kind either. It's been bold and bright and warm. New growth is finally appearing on the tips of the tree branches. The grass defines green. Oh! how wonderful spring is!
Dad and Debbie and I took a stroll through the woods yesterday, now that the ground isn't quite as damp. What a time of refreshment! I live in an absolutely gorgeous place! I love the smell of new growth and dampness and rotting vegetation... Not sure why, but I do.
The wild onion patch along the road is bursting into bloom, so I walked down to pick some. Now they decorate both the table downstairs and my desk. Wild onion smells fresh, and bright, and young, and somehow like laughter. And the blossoms - so small and white - are pleasing to the eye as well.
I've played badminton the last two or three days. It's so fun! And the sun is warm, and I love getting more exercise. I've discovered that I crave healthier food when I exercise. I think our bodies know what nutrition we need. And it's just good to be out-of-doors again.
Wow. There's a spider in its web just outside my window. It just grabbed a gnat in its mouth and carried it off. The swallows have arrived. A couple garter snakes live by the wall. Dawn's found some lizards, too. And so many frogs! They love the pond. Thankfully, so far there aren't many mosquitoes. Just other bugs, reptiles, amphibians, and birds.
So life right now is good. The earth and everything in it rejoices.
No comments:
Post a Comment