Thursday, May 04, 2006

random things

Yesterday, I drove the tractor. Dad needed some logs pulled out of the brush. I enjoy driving the tractor. It's really slow, but open, so you can see everything, and feel the breeze (and the mosquitoes), and it made me smile. For some reason, working out in the woods makes me think of Star Wars.

MJ's home! Yay! And she and Aile and Dawn and I are planning to put on a vocal workshop for some high-schoolers. Hopefully enough will do it to make it monetarily worth-while. I've also discovered that more of my friends will be here this summer than I initially thought. So hopefully, I'll have people to chill with.

A not-so-happy news item: I won't make it out to Olin's commencement. I'm really sorry, seniors; I really wanted to go. But I can't afford it. Neither I nor my family has any money to spend on plane tickets out there. I already owe my parents for my visit earlier. But I do have the date marked, and I will be thinking of you.

I discovered "Gollum's Song" last night. It's in the credits of Two Towers. I love it; so dark and dismal and lonely and bitter and beautiful. It's odd how even twisted and dank and shadowed things can appear beautiful, can still touch the insides of me. Maybe I'm morbid. Maybe I just like Gollum cause he amuses me.

The wisteria's blooming. Our yard is a sea of tall living green; I love long grass! And beef. Ooh, beef is good!

No comments: