I sit in my room, with my window open, relishing the finally warming weather. As I sit, a chorus of frogs fills the air with their chirping. Even at this distance from the pond, they are easy to hear. And I love the sound. It sounds like spring and happiness. It makes me think of long green grass, fresh leaves on trees, flowers and light blue skies sprinkled with cotton clouds, and the sun shining warm and benevolent. It is so wonderful for it to be nine o'clock at night, and not already freezing outside.
Spring! So beautiful and fresh and clean! Like dancing faeries pirouetting among the trees, laughing as they play tag with the sunbeams and the ladybugs.
I had jasmine-scented green tea earlier. It smelled like honeysuckle. Oh! I wish I could drink spring! I wonder what it would taste like, feel like? I imagine it would be like sunshine, like rain, like happiness and sweetness and light and color, like glory and joy and hope. I think the river of life with taste a little like spring.
I hope there will be a frog chorus in heaven.
2 comments:
okay, here you sound a bit like Anne Shirley, or Emily Starr... funny, that. ~D.
I think that last paragraph expressed almost everything I've ever felt about spring. Oh, tea.
Post a Comment