There's an old song - She Didn't Say Yes (ella fitzgerald) - that's got crazy funny sad lyrics. The chorus ends "she didn't say yes, she didn't say no. She didn't say stay, she didn't say go... she did just what you'd do too." It's interesting to listen to it, then try to answer what you'd do in her place.
Carpet makes a huge difference in the sound of a room! Oh goodness. They tore up all the carpet at church (we're getting new carpet in a few weeks) so the sounds echo horribly. We sounded so muddy at practice tonite! But it's ok, cause my fingers are surviving bass admirably.
I've discovered that I can't read sad books anymore - or at least I really don't like to. If any character I even remotely like dies, grrr. It's so weird, cause I used to read murder mysteries all the time. And didn't care if characters in other books got injured, or sick, or died, or disappeared, or had their hearts broken. But now? I don't like reading about misfortune, especially if it's permanent. I never used to even feel remotely like crying when reading books, no matter what happened. That's no longer the case. Maybe I'm more emotional. Maybe my emotions are just closer to the surface, more accessible. Maybe I've just been through some of those situations, and it hurts to be reminded. I'm not sure what it is, but it spoils the innocent pleasure I used to find in reading everything and anything. Argh. I wish I knew what to think of this phenomenon. I wish I knew why it keeps occuring. I wish I knew if I will outgrow it, or if I'm permanently tainted. I wish I knew a lot of things.
But life is going fairly well. Storms clear my melancholy. They blow away the fog in my mind. They fill my heart with fresh, stirring air. And even fallen trees smell good when you drive past. I love living on the coast!
1 comment:
you know, Snuz - now that I think of it, and now that I'm realizing just how much of a feeler you are, it seems you had throughout high school and before built up an enormously hard shell of reason and logic in which to hide... now (as in just previous to this particular entry of yours) God has broken it. The shock and the shards may hurt for a while, but you will be able to become the wonderful person God always meant you to be... ~D.
Post a Comment