Had an Act 1 run through orchestra plus actors tonight. It was rough; hopfully in the next three weeks it'll all get better. It's fun to be in an orchestra again. And wow, once again, Beth is amazing. Even though I've seen her act before, each time I see her again I am impressed. She's capable of making me cry. Yay for talented friends!
It's raining again. Surprise. Ha. But I don't mind. Oh, Oh! T3h m05t r0x0r n3w5 3v4r! w00t! I get to go to the Steel Band Night at HSU in April... see Liam Teague and some other cool dude. AND... If our band opens, I'll get to play with them! One member is going to prom instead of the concert (Can't imagine why. Amazing steel bands vs prom? No brainer. Steel. Of course.) so I'll learn her part! It's double seconds, so I'll be learning another instrument at the same time. And I've missed playing steel soo much; it'll be wonderful to play again. Especially if I get to perform too! Oh, Steel Band, how I love thee! ::insert me dancing wildly here::
Bad news is that my cold seems to be travelling into the back of my sinuses and is making my ears feel weird. Don't want an ear infection. Grr. But it doesn't really inhibit my ability to do things, so that's good.
Wow, just read through comments on my blog. To Hoss, I say: yeah, I miss you, too. Even after how you treated me. :-P You should travel up here some time after the rain stops... see the trees you mocked me for admiring. Got a couple other comments that were encouraging. Yay! Comment away, people. It maketh my soul to rejoice.
People call rain the tears of God. They call it liquid sorrow. They associate it with dreariness, darkness, worries, boredom, and death. Such misunderstanding! I call rain the elixir of God. I call it liquid health. I associate it with loveliness, light, freedom, activity, and life. Have you ever seen the diamonds cast in shimmering arrays from a raindrop watched by the sun? Have you ever observed drops sitting peacefully on a leaf or spiderweb? Have you ever watched rain's careless abandon as it rushes towards the warm earth? Have you ever noticed its moods? How it patterns the ground like an artist? How, even after the surface has been reached, it continues on, flowing and laughing along? Have you ever stood in the rain, lifting your face and hands to its gentle touch, and been refreshed, invigorated? Rain wipes one clean. It washes away the stain, the guilt, and leaves only peace and cleanness. Rain is forgiveness. Rain is peace. Rain is rebirth. It is beautiful. How can you say otherwise?
No comments:
Post a Comment