Sunday, February 19, 2006

blah. a pox on the confusion of life.

wow. in a somewhat depressed state right now; i'm not quite sure why. today's been decent. nice weather again. of course, i'm beginning to feel ill - blame it on family members. and i slept very very little last night. and had some good conversations with cool people. so why do i feel so blah? is it cause i still can't find a good reason for my being here? because i still have no reason for anything? perhaps i'm getting discouraged by the lack of answers. perhaps this is just me coming down with a cold. perhaps it's just the other extreme after a few times of crazy laughter and feeling like my family's much more of a family than it ever has been. perhaps i'm also jealous of other people having a good time, being busy, being around lots of people their own age who they can talk to and connect with and just plain have fun around. i am olin-sick. but is that all that's wrong with me? i don't know.

i definitely envy all you who are enjoying your lives right now. so sad, i've spent so much of my life wanting something i didn't have (lightheartedness, fun, friends, popularity, money, purpose, etc.). for a while i was fairly content. content to be mediocre - but only because everyone else was so amazing (i mean you, olin people). content that i was ok, that i wasn't despised, that i might actually matter. but now, that nice easy contentment is gone. don't know where it went. i want it back. or at least, i want something.

there's still something missing in my life. perhaps many somethings. but how can you find something if you don't know what it looks like?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Suzzanne, (I never could spell your name). I am quite impressed with your commitment to this blog. I started one once and wrote I think 5 entries. I know our feelings change like the tides. One day we're up and the next we're down, so I'm sure you've already pulled out of this slump. But anyhow, I just wanted you to know I found your blog, and I think you're wonderful. In fact I think you're amazing, not mediocre, but rather stupendous. I've been thinking about you alot lately, and I really want to thank you for the large roll you played in bringing me to know Jesus Christ. You have a great purpose in your life....to show God's love in your life. Chin up...go face that world, because you are awsome, and I love you, and God loves you!!!!