Sunday, February 12, 2006
Boo yah!
Ooh-la-la. I shouldn't be typing. But wheee! I am anyway. I am now officially a bass chick. Well, sortof. Today went well, although I have the beginnings of small blisters on two fingers. And oh it makes me laugh! I actually, for once, planned my outfit. By this, I mean I thought about what I would wear, and tried to make it match. Apparently I succeeded. (For the curious, it was black boots, black tights, white skirt, black shirt and black suit jacket) But I forgot about a couple things. 1) the bass I play? It's black and white. So I matched my bass. I was a cool bass chick wearing a color-coordinated outfit with my instrument. 2) we have black lights. Weird, I know, but we've got a picture made with black light paint, so we shine black lights on it. One of the light fixtures has black light instead of fluorescent, and it was the only one on in the worship band part of the building. SO, since I was standing directly underneath that light, my skirt glowed. It glowed that really cool purpley color. So there I was, matching my bass, with my skirt lit up by the black lights. And I have a motion deficiency; I can NOT stand still. So I moved, with the music, almost the entire time. Yeah, weird. It was crazy how many comments I got about the fact that a) I was playing bass ("I didn't know you played bass!") b) I was wearing a matching, cool outfit ("I love your outfit!" oh man, so many people complimenting me, and that's weird. I'm accustomed to people looking at what I'm wearing, giving me a funny face, and avoiding looking at me from then on.) and c) I glowed purple! I was told I made a sensation; I don't quite believe that. But it was nice to be treated nicely, and it was so much fun to play. (sorry about the italics) It's been too long since I've been in a band, and I really missed it. So boo yah! I win. Oh yeah. I totally win... (and it wasn't even intentional! yay!) So despite my sore fingers, I am so doing this again. At least now I have something to look forward to on the weekends. Now I just need something to do during the week. Me = :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment