Monday, February 06, 2006

Oh the sun's comin' up on a brand-new day

This week is supposed to be sunny - for the entire week. My faith in the weather has improved. We've had over 30 inches of rain in the last 2 months. "Enough," has said the sun. "Attention must be given to me. For I bring warmth, and growth, and life, and all that makes those people down there happy. My time is now." So it will be. Rain is good; it's just depressing when it DOESN'T STOP for weeks. The weirdest thing is that the plum trees are blooming. As are the daffodils, crocuses, hyacinths, and azaleas. Apparently some azaleas bloomed all winter. Now, it is spring. February has barely arrived, and the plants have decided spring is here. So odd. Out in Mass, it's winter. It's probably snowing. And that will continue for a good while yet. But here? Winter's reign has ended. w00t.
I saw Beth today. She's a high school friend. My first indication that she had seen me was a high pitched cry of some sort. Then I was glomped. Attacked. Nearly knocked over. Enveloped. Golly, she surprised me with her reaction. But it was good to see her. She's glad to see me. We'll have to hang out. She's a sweet girl; we've always gotten along well. :-)
The EZ's having trouble. (It's the little blue car I drove in high school) Apparently Dad had it tuned, and they didn't do a good job. Between that and the fact the my brother doesn't listen to it, the poor car just isn't happy. It's pretty old, and was very cheap, and is manual, and when I drive it I can hear and feel that something's wrong with it. This saddens me. It's my car! (Or at least, it seems like it is...) And my car is unhappy. It doesn't drive correctly. It coughs. I like driving happy cars. And every time I drive it after my brother does, it sounds worse. Isn't it strange that an out-of-tune car can make me hurt inside?
I got a box full of monkeys from Joy today. Simple things make large differences in mood. So does reading a good, wholesome book. (Rose in Bloom, by Louisa May Alcott. Her books are like a ripe apple. Sweet with a touch of tart, wholesome, healthy, enjoyable. As it is consumes, you can feel that it is good for you. It's not boring, but not absurdly suspenseful. It's realistic. It doesn't toy with your emotions just because. I wish books like this were written more often nowadays. Books with real gentlemen; men who respect and honor womanhood, who actually care about what the woman things and feels, men who will truly love their wives, instead of viewing them merely as a means to gratification of their desires. The only problem with reading this book is that I want the people to be real. And I want to meet them. I want someone like Mac to fall in love with me. Maybe someday, if men like him even exist...)
I've decided that living a life of lounging is not worthwhile. Spending each day sleeping, eating, reading, playing cards, etc, is not satisfactory. There's got to be something else - something to look forward to, something to do that will actually accomplish something other than killing time. Reminds me of a poem I wrote in Jr. High: Time waits for no man; you can't turn back the sun. If you don't do it now, you may never get it done. (there's more, I just don't remember the rest) Now I just need to figure out what I want to do. This'll be interesting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shoot. drat, darn, laub, houb, kaulkt! Guess what. I've now met a modern Mac. His name's Abe.
Enough said. ~D.