Friday, February 24, 2006

Yechh...

I have been rendered speechless by one of those too-small-to-see evil things. And as if that weren't enough, swallowing has become horridly painful. And my temperature can't make up it's mind. Yeah, I'm sick. I think the most annoying part is just that my throat hurts really badly. I can deal with the not talking. Hopefully it won't last long; Dawn had something similar, and she got over it relatively quickly. But it's still frustrating.

I still like Batman best. And I think I know why. He doesn't have any superpowers, or at least he didn't in Batman Begins. (Keep in mind that my introduction to Spiderman was the movies, and my intro to Batman was the recent movie, and the closest I've come to being introduced to Superman was by watching a few episodes of Smallville. Superheroes were not present in my childhood.) Course, since I wasn't swept away by superheroes when I was younger, now appears to be the time. But Batman's my favorite; mostly because he's more real. He doesn't have any crazy super powers. He's just strong and rich and just so happens to have the coolest cave under his house and amazing gadgets at his disposal. He's just a person who took advantage of an amazing opportunity. Makes him seem more attainable. I'm not rich, or strong like he is, but I'm assuming there must be something good I can do. I just need someone to get me started, to help me. Even Batman wasn't alone. Several people played key parts in preparing him and supporting him (at least in the movie. I don't know about the original comics). Catalyst people. So now I just need some catalysts...

And, of course, being able to speak would be nice, too...

No comments: